Doug Hayden is a Real Estate Professional with Urban Property Real Estate in Calgary, Alberta.
Doug’s Point of View on what’s going on in the community.
- September 2013 Rant & Rave First the Rave: After a long and hopefully great summer for most of you, it’s back to the grind. I have to say after the floods and the response by the City of Calgary crews and all the thousands of volunteers, I have a new appreciation and respect for the people of Calgary. [...]
- Doug’s Rant for July 2013 A taste of things to come? I hate to sound like a broken record on the subject, but if you have to travel to the city core from the S.E. and use Deerfoot Trail to get to work the morning…well I think you have just got a taste of what traffic is going to be like when the year 2018 rolls around. [...]
- Doug’s Rant for June 2013 Well you can tell summer is right around the corner; gas prices have jumped and as I write this, they are calling for rain this long weekend. Another sector of our local economy that’s experienced a major jump in price recently is the cost of renting a home–by as much as 40% in just the last twelve months. [...]
- Doug’s Rant for May 2013 Supposedly the number one infrastructure priority for the country is the new bridge proposed and approved between Detroit, Michigan and Windsor, Ontario. I get it… not only is the current bridge a monopoly for some billionaire to print money, but the Ambassador bridge has had its day in the sun. If the number one infrastructure project in the country is a bridge between Detroit and Windsor, where does the pathetically outdated portion of the Trans-Canada Highway rate on the government’s priority list? [...]
- Doug’s Rant for April 2013 – Are you prepared to live in a home with no back yard? If you were wondering like myself just what the big dust-up between the Canadian Homebuilders’ Association – Calgary Chapter and the Mayor was all about… well I’ve got the inside scoop from one of Calgary’s largest builders, and yes it means that Calgarians are on their way to having no back yards. [...]
- Doug’s Rant for March 2013
- Doug’s Rant for February 2013
- Doug’s Rant for January 2013
- Doug’s Rant for December 2012
- Doug’s Rant for November 2012
- Doug’s Rant for October 2012
- Doug’s Rant for September 2012
- Doug’s Rant for July 2012
- Doug’s Rant for April 2012
Doug’s Rant: A City Hall…of Zombies!
Doug notices a lot of properties that have been left unkept. Spruce up the landscaping and add some value!
A farewell and thank you to Sak’s Music for their contributions to the southeast community of McKenzie Towne in Calgary.
First the Rave: After a long and hopefully great summer for most of you, it’s back to the grind. I have to say after the floods and the response by the City of Calgary crews and all the thousands of volunteers, I have a new appreciation and respect for the people of Calgary.